This 8-month-long training will help you create a Black-boy-friendly classroom. You’ll also learn how that focus will benefit all of your students, regardless of their gender or race. We’ll meet as a cohort every month, and you’ll receive coaching every month. We’ll work together on self-reflection and self-awareness while helping you build your own toolkit of ideas and intentional strategies to lead a culturally responsive classroom.
Who should attend: Lead, Assistant Teacher & Administrator Teams
Instructor: Kwanah Bronaugh, Trey Clements, Christopher James, Palmer Jason
# of Participants: 5 Teams
Ohio Approved: 30 Hours (pending approval)
- $1,750.00 = $50 per session attended with a $1,000.00 participation bonus.
- 1st attendance stipend will be paid by 1/31/2022 for classes attended Oct.-Jan. (max amount is $350.00).
- 2nd attendance stipend will be paid by 6/30/2022 for classes attended Feb.-May. (max amount is $400.00).
- A participation bonus of $1,000.00 will be awarded to participants attending 13 or more classes and 90% completion of course requirements including but not limited to coaching, surveys and assignments (no exceptions).
- The participation bonus will be included in the 6/30/2022 stipend check.
- Joining a cohort requires a significant commitment and an invitation or application process.
- Cohorts are led by qualified and dedicated facilitators focused on your success.
- Cohorts are year-long collaboratives and sessions are 2 hours along with additional activities throughout the year.
- Participants will receive a stipend paid in 2 installments. Refer to the stipend details in each description.
- Participants may not participate in any other trainings offered by Preschool Promise because of the time commitment to the cohort. (The only exception is the Conference Day.) Registration/Application does not guarantee placement in the cohort.
- Upon acceptance into the cohort, each participant must commit to participation requirements, including completing assignments and working with a Coach.
- Please remember that Preschool Promise will send a 1099-MISC form to the Internal Revenue Service, and it is the individual's responsibility to claim the stipend as income for tax purposes.
Registration is closed for the 2021-2022 school year.