Professional Learning Community
Conscious Discipline is a comprehensive, trauma-informed, self-regulation program that integrates social-emotional learning and discipline for adults first and then children. During this PLC participants begin to develop the 7 powers and skills of Conscious Discipline within themselves. These skills will support teachers and administrators in working with children and others who exhibit challenging behaviors. This PLC is applicable to teachers, assistant teachers, administrators, other building level staff and parents who have some or limited knowledge of Conscious Discipline. Participants in this PLC will watch the Conscious Discipline Video Series while discussing and practicing the powers and skills taught within the videos.
Who should attend: Preschool Classroom Teachers & Administrators
Instructor: Anita Craighead, Hertia Mims
# of Participants: 30 (15 maximum per time slot)
Ohio Approved: 18 Hours
Stipend: $800.00 = $50 per session attended with a $350 attendance bonus
- 1st attendance stipend will be paid by 1/31/2021 for classes attended Sept.-Dec. (max $200)
- 2nd attendance stipend will be paid by 6/30/2021 for classes attended Jan.-May. (max $250)
- An attendance bonus of $350 will be awarded to participants attending 8 or more classes (no exceptions) The attendance bonus will be included in the 6/30/2021 stipend check.
Cost: Preschool Promise Sites—Preschool Classroom Teachers and Administrators - Free
Preschool Promise Sites—Other Teachers (Pay for this with Quality Dollars) $800.00
- Participants in a PLC may ony particpate in 1 PLC during the 2020-21 school year.
- Registration does not guarantee placement.
- Upon acceptance into a PLC, each participant must commit to participation requirements, including completing assignments and working with a Coach.
- Preschool Promise will send a 1099-MISC form to the Internal Revenue Service, and it is the individual's responsibility to claim the stipend as income for tax purposes