Step 1: APPLY to Sinclair College through their website
Standard Application: Start here if you are applying to Sinclair for the first time (first-time college students, transfer or visiting students).
Returning Application: Previously been accepted and/or attended Sinclair (including former CCP and Tech Prep students), but have not registered for classes within the last two years.
Step 2: VERIFY Username and Password
- Every student automatically has an email account after their application for admission is processed. Be sure to check your email account regularly for important registration and financial aid updates.
- Verify your username and set your password
Default login credentials are:
Username: firstname.lastname (sometimes followed by numbers).
Password: Pass and the last four numbers of your social security number (ex: Pass4517).
Step 3: APPLY for financial aid (FAFSA)
- Complete your FAFSA as early as possible to ensure your financial aid is processed in time to pay for your classes.
- Go to: https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa Use Sinclair code: 003119
- To complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA (FOR SUMMER) and 2020-2021 FAFSA (FOR FALL) You will need the following documents on hand: (You will need 2019 documents for Fall FAFSA)
- FSA ID (fsaid.ed.gov)
- Student’s 2018 Federal Income Tax Return
- Parent’s 2018 Federal Income Tax Return (dependent students only)
- Student’s 2018 W2s, 1099's or form Schedule C
- Parent’s 2018 W2s, 1099's or form Schedule C (dependent students only)
- Parent’s social security number, birth date, marital status and date (dependent students only)
- Amounts of any additional income received such as child support, social security, welfare benefits, etc. (documentation is not required)
- Sinclair Financial Aid Contact Information - email: [email protected] phone: 937-512-3000. Office hours are Monday-Thursday: 8:00am-7:00pm Friday: 8:00am-5:00pm.
Step 4: COMPLETE How to succeed in eLearn
- How to Succeed in eLearn is a free tutorial that MUST be completed before you can register for any
Sinclair online course. How to Succeed in eLearn teaches you how to be a successful student.
- Log into your eLearn account.
- Click on the eLearn tab.
- Scroll down to the bottom to find the How to Succeed in eLearn link.
- Follow the instructions from there.
- You will need to go through the sections and then complete the quiz at the end. You will find it once you go through all the sections. There are only 10 questions on the quiz and you need a 90% to pass. Your score will be displayed immediately. If you don’t pass, then take it again until you do. When you do pass, move on to step 5.
Step 5: CONTACT Kimberly Pasene
- Once you have completed the four steps above, email Dr. Kimberly Pasene for permission to register for the required classes.
- Provide your Name, Tartan/Student ID number, and confirm that you wish to register for the CDA prep courses.
Step 6: REGISTER for classes
- Once Dr. Pasene receives your email she will submit the permission for you to register for your classes.
- You will then be able to register for both summer and fall classes. Instructions for how to register are
- Please pay attention to the section numbers listed below, these are the only one you are eligible to
register for, so be sure to select the correct sections.
Summer: ECE 1100-500 Saturdays 9:00am – 12:40pm; ECE 1101-501 Saturdays 1:00pm – 4:40pm
Fall: ECE 1202-101 Saturdays 9:00-11:40am
To Register for Classes:
- Log on to your Sinclair account
- Click on the REGISTRATION tab
- Click on SEARCH COURSES in upper left corner
- Use the filter options on the right side to choose the correct SEMESTER
- Use the filter options on the right side to choose the SUBJECT
- Once you have the list for the appropriate subject. Click on the appropriate course.
- When you click on a course, a number of sections will show up. - Pay close attention to the section listed above in the instructions.
- When you find the correct section click on REGISTER NOW within the course tab.
- Follow the steps from there.
Remember, that you CANNOT register for ECE courses until I have submitted permission.
For any questions regarding the steps outlined above, please contact: Kimberly Pasene, Associate Professor of ECE.