Professional Learning Community
This professional learning community will focus on the primary elements of Conscious Discipline, addressing the needs of adults first, as they grow to be more responsive caregivers to infants and toddlers. Using a focus on brain development, child development, trauma-informed and evidence-based strategies, members of the community will learn best practices to address social emotional learning in the critical first three years of life. We will focus on fortifying the connection between the research and classroom practice, learning to support resiliency and combat toxic stress. The goal of this PLC is to explore the primary elements of Conscious Discipline, including the three brain states, and support the development of self regulation and resilience in young children.
Who should attend: Infant & Toddler Classroom Teachers & Administrators
Instructor: Amy Kronberg
# of Participants: 25
Ohio Approved: 18 Hours (pending)
Stipend: $550.00 = $50 per session attended with a $100 attendance bonus (Additional coaching will not be a requirement of this professional learning community.)
- 1st attendance stipend will be paid by 1/31/2021 for classes attended Sept.-Dec. (max $200)
- 2nd attendance stipend will be paid by 6/30/2021 for classes attended Jan.-May. (max $250)
- An attendance bonus of $100 will be awarded to participants attending 8 or more classes (no exceptions) The attendance bonus will be included in the 6/30/2021 stipend check.
Cost: Preschool Promise Sites—Infant and Toddler Classroom Teachers and Administrators - Free
- Participants in a PLC may only participate in 1 PLC during the 2020-21 school year.
- Registration does not guarantee placement.
- Upon acceptance into a PLC, each participant must commit to participation requirements, including completing assignments and working with a Coach.
- Preschool Promise will send a 1099-MISC form to the Internal Revenue Service, and it is the individual's responsibility to claim the stipend as income for tax purposes