Professional Learning Community
This PLC will explore innovative approaches that can be used to close the achievement gap. Brain research, action plans, and self-reflection are key components to this professional learning community. We will dive deeply into Culturally Responsive Teaching and the Brain by Zaretta Hammond. We will learn about how our culture programs the brain to process data and affects learning relationships. The ten “key moves” for students will give you the strategies to help your students become independent learners.
Who should attend: Classroom Teachers & Administrators
Instructor: Lynne Willis and Yunus Brevik
# of Participants: 25
Ohio Approved: 18 Hours
Stipend: $800.00 = $50 per session attended with a $350 participation bonus
- 1st attendance stipend will be paid by 1/31/2022 for classes attended Oct.-Jan. (max amount is $200.00)
- 2nd attendance stipend will be paid by 6/30/2022 for classes attended Feb.-June. (max amount is $250.00)
- A participation bonus of $350.00 will be awarded to participants attending 8 or more classes and 90% completion of course requirements including but not limited to coaching, surveys and assignments (no exceptions).
The participation bonus will be included in the 6/30/2022 stipend check.
- PLCs are led by qualified facilitators and will meet for 2 hours during 9 sessions monthly from October through June.
- Participants will receive an attendance stipend, with the opportunity for a participation bonus at the conclusion of the PLC.
- Participants may only participate in one PLC. Registration does not guarantee placement in the learning community.
- Lead and Assist Teachers in the same classroom need to participate in the same PLC to ensure the highest quality.
- Upon acceptance into a PLC, each participant must commit to participation requirements, including completing assignments and working with a Coach.
- Please remember that Preschool Promise will send a 1099-MISC form to the Internal Revenue Service, and it is the individual's responsibility to claim the stipend as income for tax purposes.
Registration is closed for the 2021-2022 school year.