Professional Learning Community
This PLC will help teachers and administrators to identify what children need based on the book, The Basics of Developmentally Appropriate Practice: An Introduction for Teachers of Infants and Toddlers by Carol Copple and Sue Bredekamp. Instruction will be centered around the five elements for DAP: curriculum, teaching, assessment, planning, and creating a community of learners. Utilizing these five elements will help teachers not only improve in their teaching practices, but become intentional teachers.
Who should attend: Infant & Toddler Classroom Teachers & Administrators
Instructor: Erica Bohannon
# of Participants: 25
Ohio Approved: 18 Hours
Stipend: $800.00 = $50 per session attended with a $350 participation bonus
- 1st attendance stipend will be paid by 1/31/2022 for classes attended Oct.-Jan. (max amount is $200.00)
- 2nd attendance stipend will be paid by 6/30/2022 for classes attended Feb.-June. (max amount is $250.00)
- A participation bonus of $350.00 will be awarded to participants attending 8 or more classes and 90% completion of course requirements including but not limited to coaching, surveys and assignments (no exceptions).
The participation bonus will be included in the 6/30/2022 stipend check.
- PLCs are led by qualified facilitators and will meet for 2 hours during 9 sessions monthly from October through June.
- Participants will receive an attendance stipend, with the opportunity for a participation bonus at the conclusion of the PLC.
- Participants may only participate in one PLC. Registration does not guarantee placement in the learning community.
- Lead and Assist Teachers in the same classroom need to participate in the same PLC to ensure the highest quality.
- Upon acceptance into a PLC, each participant must commit to participation requirements, including completing assignments and working with a Coach.
- Please remember that Preschool Promise will send a 1099-MISC form to the Internal Revenue Service, and it is the individual's responsibility to claim the stipend as income for tax purposes.
Registration is closed for the 2021-2022 school year.