Over 1,375 children are enrolled in Preschool Promise!
How we’re doing on the 3 pillars of the Preschool Promise
EDUCATING THE COMMUNITY:
- We connected with over 1,400 children during this year’s recruiting season.
- We attended more than 80 events to spread the word about Preschool Promise.
- We hosted a Parent Meet & Greet for 50 people where our Parent Ambassadors connected with families.
- We launched an Attendance Champions Campaign with Miami Valley Child Development Centers. Over 30 transportation and family support staff are participating.
- Preschool Promise held 8 School Year Kick-Offs where we shared Preschool Promise’s benefits and discussed last year’s attendance and academic data.
- 170 lead and assistant teachers in Dayton and Dayton Public Schools have applied for the new Promise Stipend. They’ll receive $800 for having a 90% attendance rate, remaining in the same classroom for the year and participating in a Preschool Promise training.
- Preschool Promise hosted 8 workshops for teachers, coaches and administrators.
- More than 110 teachers are participating in 2 different year-long Conscious Discipline Professional Learning Communities.
- Participants in our 6-day Conscious Discipline intensive training on Saturdays are earning an $800 stipend.
- 38 participants enrolled in The Art of the Boy Friendly Classroom training.
- 800 families have joined STAR Attendance and will receive $25 on a reloadable debit card each month their child has a 90% or better attendance rate.
- More than 1,200 families signed up for Ready4K text messages and will receive 3 tips per week about how to help their child learn at home.
- Every Preschool Promise Preschooler will receive a free book each month as part of our new Book of the Month program.
- Preschool Promise has expanded to Trotwood-Madison, Mad River and Jefferson Twp. school districts.
WHAT WE’RE LEARNING:
Teacher turnover directly correlates with pay. Lead teachers at private providers earn, on average, just $12 per hour. That’s one reason why we’re piloting the Promise Stipend.