Preschool Promise is pleased to offer scholarship funds to support students earning their Associate degree in Early Childhood Education at Sinclair Community College. The Preschool Promise scholarship funds will be offered on a first come, first serve basis, and will be renewable each semester, meaning that students must continue to fulfill the eligibility requirements to receive ongoing scholarship support.
To be considered for the Preschool Promise Scholarship Fund each semester at Sinclair, you must:
- Work at a Preschool Promise site, preferably in the Preschool classroom or as the Director/Administrator of the program.
- Work at least 20 hours a week at your Preschool Promise site.
- Be committed to completing the degree with the Cohort, in the planned seven semesters.
- Have lived in Ohio for at least 12 months.
- Maintain a “C” average or better and remain in good standing with Sinclair.
- Preschool Promise will be “last dollar” in. Students must apply for FAFSA and appropriate Sinclair scholarships to be considered for the Preschool Promise scholarship.
- Preschool Promise will award up to $1,500 per semester to each student. To ensure student commitment, each student will be required to contribute $50 per semester.
- The Preschool Promise scholarship may be used on tuition, fees and books.
- Upon successful completion of the Associate degree, the graduate will receive a $1,000 stipend from Preschool Promise.
Required Paperwork to include in Preschool Promise Scholarship Application
- Preschool Promise Scholarship Application – available from Preschool Promise.
- FAFSA confirmation page – after submitting the FAFSA, you will receive an email confirmation. Please save or print this confirmation for inclusion in your Preschool Promise Scholarship application.
- Sinclair FAFSA Award Letter – this is the letter you will receive indicating the financial award from your FAFSA application. Please save or print this letter for inclusion in your Preschool Promise Scholarship application.
- Scholarship email – after you apply for scholarships at Sinclair you will receive an email confirmation. Please print or save this email to submit with your application.
- Grade Release Form – This form is available from Sinclair.