Professional Learning Community
This PLC will explore innovative approaches that can be used to close the achievement gap. Brain research, action plans, and self-reflection are key components to this professional learning community. We will dive deeply into Culturally Responsive Teaching and the Brain by Zaretta Hammond. We will learn about how our culture programs the brain to process data and affects learning relationships. The ten “key moves” for students will give you the strategies to help your students become independent learners.
Who should attend: Preschool Classroom Teachers & Administrators
Instructor: Latoria Marcellus, Lynne Willis
# of Participants: 30 (15 maximum per time slot)
Ohio Approved: Not an Ohio Approved training
Stipend: $800.00 = $50 per session attended with a $350 attendance bonus
- 1st attendance stipend will be paid by 1/31/2021 for classes attended Sept.-Dec. (max $200)
- 2nd attendance stipend will be paid by 6/30/2021 for classes attended Jan.-May. (max $250)
- An attendance bonus of $350 will be awarded to participants attending 8 or more classes (no exceptions) The attendance bonus will be included in the 6/30/2021 stipend check.
Cost: Preschool Promise Sites—Preschool Classroom Teachers and Administrators - Free
Preschool Promise Sites—Other Teachers (Pay for this with Quality Dollars) $800.00
- Participants in a PLC may ony particpate in 1 PLC during the 2020-21 school year.
- Registration does not guarantee placement.
- Upon acceptance into a PLC, each participant must commit to participation requirements, including completing assignments and working with a Coach.
- Preschool Promise will send a 1099-MISC form to the Internal Revenue Service, and it is the individual's responsibility to claim the stipend as income for tax purposes