Professional Learning Community
Whether you have been in the classroom for years or are a new teacher, this PLC will help you explore what children need based on their age and development. You’ll plan around the five guidelines for DAP: community of learners, teaching, curriculum, assessment and families. This PLC will be based on Basics of Developmentally Appropriate Practice, by Carol Copple and Sue Bredekamp.
Who should attend: Preschool Classroom Teachers & Administrators
Instructor: Sandra Raye-Redmond
# of Participants: 30 (15 maximum per time slot)
Ohio Approved: 18 Hours
Stipend: $800.00 = $50 per session attended with a $350 attendance bonus
- 1st attendance stipend will be paid by 1/31/2021 for classes attended Sept.-Dec. (max $200)
- 2nd attendance stipend will be paid by 6/30/2021 for classes attended Jan.-May. (max $250)
- An attendance bonus of $350 will be awarded to participants attending 8 or more classes (no exceptions) The attendance bonus will be included in the 6/30/2021 stipend check.
Cost: Preschool Promise Sites—Preschool Classroom Teachers and Administrators - Free
Preschool Promise Sites—Other Teachers (Pay for this with Quality Dollars) $800.00
- Participants in a PLC may ony particpate in 1 PLC during the 2020-21 school year.
- Registration does not guarantee placement.
- Upon acceptance into a PLC, each participant must commit to participation requirements, including completing assignments and working with a Coach.
- Preschool Promise will send a 1099-MISC form to the Internal Revenue Service, and it is the individual's responsibility to claim the stipend as income for tax purposes