Preschool Promise is committed to supporting ongoing quality improvement at every participating site. Quality Assistance Dollars will be offered to each participating program per the Quality Dollar Table
The Preschool Promise Director of Quality and/or Coaches will help programs prioritize the use of Quality Assistance Dollars. Quality Dollars will be awarded based on input from a program's Preschool Promise Coach, with a focus on improving Kindergarten readiness. Preschool Promise is focused on closing the achievement gap, ensuring equitable practices, creating boy-friendly environments, implementing Conscious Discipline and actively interacting with families. Quality Dollars should be used to further these initiatives.
Acceptable uses of Quality Assistance Dollars include:
- Purchase of curriculum and assessment materials
- Coaching/training related to improving Kindergarten readiness
- Purchase of technology needed to implement improved instruction
- Acquiring equity/culturally relevant related materials and training
- Purchase of Conscious Discipline materials to implement rituals
- Professional development for staff
- Creating boy-friendly classrooms
- Other uses as discussed with the Director of Quality
Important Dates for Quality Assistance Dollar Calculations:
- Quality Assistance Base Annual Funding will be calculated based on the Star Rating the program holds as of February 15, 2021.
- Quality Assistance per-child amounts will be calculated based on the number of children enrolled in Preschool Promise (with completed applications) as of October 1, 2021.