Professional Learning Community
Have you attended the The Art of the Boy Friendly PLC? Are you ready to take it to the next level? If so, you should join the Wired to Move 2: Taking it to the Next Level professional learning community. Throughout this 9 month series, we will dig deeper into the strategies and techniques that have been proven to be most effective when working with boys. We will focus intensely on family partnerships, the daily schedule and the classroom arrangement to ensure the environment and daily experiences are conducive to the ways we know boys learn best. Participants of this PLC will assess their own teaching practices through weekly reflections and work individually with a coach to track and monitor the progress of the boys in their classroom.
Who should attend: Preschool Classroom Teachers & Administrators
Must have participated in The Art of the Boy Friendly Classroom PLC previously.
Instructor: Kwanah Bronaugh
# of Participants: 25
Ohio Approved: 18 Hours
Stipend: $800.00 = $50 per session attended with a $350 participation bonus
- 1st attendance stipend will be paid by 1/31/2022 for classes attended Oct.-Jan. (max amount is $200.00)
- 2nd attendance stipend will be paid by 6/30/2022 for classes attended Feb.-June. (max amount is $250.00)
- A participation bonus of $350.00 will be awarded to participants attending 8 or more classes and 90% completion of course requirements including but not limited to coaching, surveys and assignments (no exceptions).
The participation bonus will be included in the 6/30/2022 stipend check.
- Participants must have participated in The Art of the Boy Friendly Classroom PLC previously.
- PLCs are led by qualified facilitators and will meet for 2 hours during 9 sessions monthly from October through June.
- Participants will receive an attendance stipend, with the opportunity for a participation bonus at the conclusion of the PLC.
- Participants may only participate in one PLC. Registration does not guarantee placement in the learning community.
- Lead and Assist Teachers in the same classroom need to participate in the same PLC to ensure the highest quality.
- Upon acceptance into a PLC, each participant must commit to participation requirements, including completing assignments and working with a Coach.
- Please remember that Preschool Promise will send a 1099-MISC form to the Internal Revenue Service, and it is the individual's responsibility to claim the stipend as income for tax purposes.
Registration is closed for the 2021-2022 school year.